Let’s take a look at the processes of manufacturing electronic/electrical devices.
1. The factory receives all the necessary supplies.
2. The receiving department inspects and records the inventory.
3. In the raw material warehouse, the supplies are error-proofed and expiration dates checked.
4. Once satisfied that the raw materials are fit for use, they are passed for processing. Here, the operation management staff checks the chemicals, the supply, and the receipts.
5. That is followed by post-processing, where lot numbers are allocated for traceability, and the marking check is done. This is where all the documentation is done.
6. Inspection of the documents. This process is aimed at ensuring that all industry standards are met. Once satisfied, the inspection officer seals the material check.
At this point, the electronic products are ready for storage, sale, and delivery. The finished products are stored in the inventory warehouse as they await delivery. For smooth sales, most factories invest in effective and reliable inventory management systems to ease the process.
The Advantages of Installing Handheld Mobile Computers in the Manufacturing Processes
Mistakes are common when reading slips visually. Using a mobile computer will help eliminate errors by using technologies such as barcode readers. The information is automatically converted into data, eliminating the need for manual data entry.
Raw Material Warehouse
You can avoid the confusion that comes with mistakes done during a visual inspection by using handheld computers for assessment. They are more accurate and faster, making inventory management more efficient.
These processes include the blending of raw material, surface processing, machining, and exposure. Any mistakes made here will adversely impact processing and post-processing. You can avoid all these problems by installing handheld mobile computers for efficient process management, insertion checks, chemical checks, and receipt checks.
The post-processing stage involves assembly and mounting processes. It’s possible that the operators could make mistakes resulting in product defects. Installing mobile computers allows you to monitor work procedures. This technology can also help in enhancing traceability and lot number management.
Mobile computers will integrate your inspection system with other factory systems, making it possible to automate serial number registration. Inventory management is also simplified, allowing fast inspection. It becomes easy to track down the processes that may have caused defects.
Installing handheld computers in inventory warehouses goes a long way in reducing the instances of erroneous shipments. Manufacturers use mobile computers to improve the efficiency of inventory counting and management processes.